Sunday, September 19, 2010

Медовик or Honey cake



This is seriously the best cake I have ever had. Every time I make it for a party, my friends ask for a recipe.

This cake is easy to make and doesn't require any fancy ingredients.

Ingredient:

1 cup butter
3 Tablespoons honey
1 cup sugar (can add more)
2 eggs
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda

2 cup sour cream
1/2-1 cup sugar

Melt butter (I use a microwave). Add honey and sugar and mix together. Let it cool to room temperature if it is hot. Add eggs, flour, and soda and mix well.
I take two round cake pans; divide the dough into 4 pieces; I can't ever roll this dough, so I put one piece into a spayed pan and with my fingers press it in the bottom of the pan into an even layer. Repeat with the second pan. Put two pans into preheated 350 F oven and cook for about 12-14 minutes (it should be golden brown). Remove cakes from pans to cool down. Put the other two pieces of dough into pans (be careful not to burn yourself, since the pans are hot) and into the oven they go for 12-14 minutes.
NOTE: you can divide the dough into 6 pieces, but make sure to decrease the baking time, because they will bake faster and can burn.
I let all the layers cool down. In the meantime, place sour cream and sugar into a bowl and beat with hand mixer (this helps to dissolve sugar). Usual proportions are 2 cups sour cream and 1/2-1 cups of sugar. I try to use the least amount of sugar, so I taste it before I add more sugar.
Start assembling your cake. Place the first layer on a serving platter; liberally cover it with sour cream and sugar mixture; cover with the next cake layer; smother with sour cream mixture again... Repeat until all the layers are used.
You can leave the top plain or cover with sour cream mixture and crumbled cake.
Leave the cake in the refrigerator for a couple of hours (the more the better) for layers to absorb cream.

NOTE: I LOVE DOUBLING this recipe to get a higher cake and have an extra layer for crumbling.

Don't worry about having left-overs of this cake. There either are not going to be any, or you will be glad there is a piece left just for you for after the party treat.

ENJOY!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you, I will try it this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Медовый торт - торт моего детства, моя мама часто его делала. Только в крем мы еще добавляли немного лимонного сока, получался такой замечательный аромат и лимонный привкус. Вот как переедем и обустроимся, надо обязательно сделать. Спасибо за рецепт. Он кажется проще, чем наш семейный. В нашем нужно на паровой бане растапливать мед, потом смешивать с содой, образуется сильная пена ну и тд.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Юль, я рецепт тоже с пеной и растапливанием получила, но честно говоря, чем меньше посуды, тем лучше. Я даже другой вариант не пробовала сама делать, но разницы во вкусе не замечаю. А насчет лимонного сока - это очень даже замечательная идея. Обязательно нужно попробовать.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nu obyazatelno poprobuyu!!!!! Spasibo chto podelilas retseptom!!! kak to stranno chto medovii tort hotya vsevo lish 3 lojki myoda... tort doljen nazivatsya smetanni chto li ( 2 stakana)... :D

    ps. a tvoi drugoi blog s Martha, ti kak budesh pokazivat rezultat tvorenii???

    ReplyDelete