(Yulia Phelps)
There are a lot of ways to make delicious Mexico-originated enchiladas. This is OUR way.
Try it and you might be making it as often as we do.
You will need:
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cooked and shredded - recipe follows - chicken cooked this way is very moist and flavorful)
1 can black bean (I add black beans for extra nutrients)
1 can enchilada sauce (We like Green Chile)
1 can green chiles (if you buy whole chilies, you will need to chop them)
8 oz Monterey Jack Cheese (half goes inside and half on top of enchiladas)
8 oz half-and-half
10 tortillas (I buy my tortillas uncooked in the refrigerated section in Costco. They are All Natural tortillas and have 44 per pack. When I come home, I divide the pack into four 1-gallon freezer bags - 11 tortillas each. Then I freeze them. When it is enchiladas day, I move one bag of tortillas into the refrigerator in the morning. It will usually thaw in time for dinner prep. It takes a couple of minutes to cook all 11 of them. Be careful while cooking them on the skillet - they can burn fast.)
10 tortillas (I buy my tortillas uncooked in the refrigerated section in Costco. They are All Natural tortillas and have 44 per pack. When I come home, I divide the pack into four 1-gallon freezer bags - 11 tortillas each. Then I freeze them. When it is enchiladas day, I move one bag of tortillas into the refrigerator in the morning. It will usually thaw in time for dinner prep. It takes a couple of minutes to cook all 11 of them. Be careful while cooking them on the skillet - they can burn fast.)
cilantro
sour cream
Here is how to make them:
Cook the tortillas.

Mix these ingredients together (Remember half of cheese goes inside).

Add shredded chicken.
Make enchiladas by rolling filling mixture into tortillas.
Arrange them into 9x13 greased dish. Pour half-and-half (or more Enchilada sauce) over enchiladas.
Bake at 350 F for 30-35 min. Sprinkle with remaining cheese right away and let it melt.
Arrange them into 9x13 greased dish. Pour half-and-half (or more Enchilada sauce) over enchiladas.
Bake at 350 F for 30-35 min. Sprinkle with remaining cheese right away and let it melt.Serve them hot with chopped cilantro and sour cream (my husband likes to add a little kick with some hot sauce).
ENJOY!
Shredded Chicken for Enchiladas
Shredded Chicken for Enchiladas
3 chicken breasts
3 cups of water or chicken broth (or more if necessary)
3 clothes of garlic, minced
1/4 small onion, chopped
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp oregano
salt and pepper


No comments:
Post a Comment