My friend shared this recipe with me. Try it out and you will never go back to the stove top.
I usually make a double batch and freeze half of it.
It is really good for quick lunches or even dinner. Just warm it up before serving.
Oven-cooked rice
1 1/2 cups boiling water
1 Tbsp butter (unsalted)
3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
1/2 tsp salt
In a 1-quart casserole dish combine boiling water and butter; stir until butter is melted. Stir in rice and salt. Cover with aluminum foil and bake in a 350 degree F oven about 35 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed (I always set my timer for 35 minutes - turns out perfect every time). Fluff with a fork before serving.
Enjoy!
Wow, sound like a great idea. I use rice maker that we got for our wedding from friends but rice always-always-and-always burns or sorta burns on the bottom of that pan. I must try your recipe. I didn't know that you can freeze rice, well, I just never thought about it.
ReplyDelete